Saturday, April 2, 2011

I Can't Help Myself

"Sugar pie, honey bunch
You know that I love you
I can't help myself
I love you and nobody else!"




Ah, yes. A good sugar cookie is tough to beat! I'm really more of a chocoholic, but every so often I get ridiculous cravings for plain ol' sugar cookies. It's been kind of a rough couple of days, so I've been baking to relieve some stress! Which would be why I made three (yes, three) variations of this sugar cookie recipe.




Besides baking, I've been relieving stress by laughing at the dog...have you ever tried to give a dog a jalapeƱo? Or a wasabi-flavored almond? Next time you're feeling crummy and need a laugh, please try it. Trust me on this.


Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies
recipe from Eat, Live, Run


Ingredients


4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the sugars. Add in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, eggs, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well. Mix in the flour and stir to combine; the dough will be slightly dry and crumbly.
3. Shape ping-pong size balls of dough and place them on the prepared sheet. Press each dough ball with a fork and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake for 8 minutes; cool slightly on the baking sheet before removing cookies to a wire rack.


Variations
Chocolate Chip: Replace the granulated sugar with dark brown sugar and add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips.
Sprinkles: Add 1/2 cup of your choice of sprinkles.

1 comment:

  1. I love your method of making sugar cookies! I hate rolling and cutting. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete